Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Star in the Making...

I came across young Bonnie McIntyre a couple of years ago when I went to see Pat and Linda in Sydney. Since the arrival of Parelli Connect, I came across her again and it was clear that this young girl is a star in the making. Only 18 years old, Bonnie is already a Level 4 student and is currently on her way to America to study as an Extern at the Parelli Centre. I wanted to share her inspirational profile with you all. Here’s how she describes herself:


“I’m 18 years old. When I was 4yrs I got my first horse; a naughty, fat Shetland pony who did everything he shouldn’t have. When I was 8 years old I began the Parelli Program with a local instructor because the horse I owned at the time was always running away with me! A year or so later this horse sustained a long term injury and I got Irish, shortly after I passed my Level 1 in 2002, at just 9 years old.
I spent Kindergarten and Year 1 at school before home schooling for 5 years. I then, by choice, went to a co-educational boarding school for my 6 years of high school. I completed my HSC (Yr 12) in 2010. Throughout my time at boarding school my progression in the Parelli Progam was limited. However, in late 2008 I really got back into the program and attended the Parelli Celebration in 2009, where I performed an Online, Freestyle and Finesse Savvy Spotlight.
Last year I attended the Share Parelli and since finishing school at the end of last year I studied full time with Parelli Professional, Kaye Thomas 3*, until the 21st of January. A few days later I then started as an Entry Level Residency Student at the Australian Parelli Center in order to assist me in my journey to become a Parelli Professional. During my time there, I also participated in the first ever Australian Fast Track and was given a position to attend an Externship at the International Parelli Centre, which starts on the 11th of April. I am an official Level 3 graduate and have recently passed my Level 4 Online, Liberty and Freestyle and am waiting to hear back about my Finesse! I leave for America in 2 days!!!”



See, I told you, a star in the making for sure! Go for it, Bonnie. All of Australia is behind you and we will watch your inspiring journey with great anticipation.


Volunteer Correspondent
Parelli Social Media, Australia/NZ

No comments:

Post a Comment